At Shop A Docket, your privacy is important to us. We make every effort to maintain the highest standards in dealing with personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and the ADMA Code of Practice (“the Law”).
2. What Information we collect
We do not collect personal information from you when you browse our website. When you register as a client on our site, we may collect the following personal information:
- Name and gender;
- Contact information including email address;
- Demographic information such as postcode, age group, preferences and interests; and,
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We do not collect Sensitive Information from you as defined by the Law.
If you are a registered user to our website, you can access and correct the personal information that we have about you by emailing our Privacy Officer.
Collection of information that is not ‘personal information’
We also collect information about your interaction with our website, services and products without identifying you as an individual. For example, we use website analytics tools on our website to retrieve information from your browser, including the website that referred you to our site, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, your browser add-ons, and your browser's width and height. We also use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons (described below), to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our website. Additionally, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. We also deliver advertisements (see the Display of Advertising section below) and we collect information as page views to these third party sites as well.
When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mails from Shop A Docket, we may use web beacons (described below), customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or other information.
Information we collect from other sources
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalised experience in your interactions with Shop A Docket, information we collect may be combined with information obtained from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing companies and ad targeting companies) and supplement the information we collect with information obtained from those third party sources. For example:
- we may use services from other companies that enable us to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customise certain services to your geographic area.
- if you connect your third-party social networking service profile (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Windows Live) to your Shop A Docket registration, we may access and use your username, profile image, location information, interests, activities, ‘likes’, connection list and age for those services; and
- we may obtain third party information relating to your advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular advertisement.
To customise your user experience on our website we provide you with the opportunity to connect, access and/or interact with third-party social networking services, such as Facebook and Twitter.
When you connect through these third-party social networking services, you are authorising Shop A Docket to access and use certain information from your social network profile. Of course, you can cancel this service at any time by deleting the application from your social network account.
3. What we do with the information we collect
Shop A Docket does not sell, or otherwise trade, your personal information.
We use your personal information to carry out our business with you, including understanding your needs and providing you with better services. In particular, we use your personal information and you consent to us using your personal information:
- for internal record keeping including site usage and administration of product;
- to improve our products and services including customising our website;
- for promotion and direct marketing to you of our products and services;
- for internal product/service analysis (market research); and,
- to comply with the Law and protect against fraudulent activity.
- to conduct market research and analysis for the purpose of improving our products and services;
- to conduct competitions or promotions for us and third parties;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of our Terms and Conditions or that you have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity;
We also use your personal information to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone. If you have opted in to receive newsletters, communications or special offers from Shop A Docket you may, in some circumstances, also receive newsletters, communications or special offers from our third party partners.
4. When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose personal information held about you to:
- our related companies as required for carrying on our business;
- third party service suppliers, including, but not limited to:
email systems providers
- to send emails to you to which you have subscribed;
- postal service suppliers - to enable postage of items to you;
- parties involved in the maintenance of our information technology systems;
- your authorised representatives (including accounting, legal and financial advisers);
- organisations required by law;
- insurance providers in relation to specific claims;
- law enforcement agencies; and,
anyone to whom you authorise us to disclose the information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse, modification or loss of your personal information, we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information.
These include Information Technology security (including firewalls and password-protected servers), secure document storage, and confidentiality agreements with our employees, agents and contractors.
Access to your personal information is limited to those parties within Shop A Docket who require legitimate access to it.
Shop A Docket relies on secure data storage services in overseas locations. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas entity will not breach the Law in relation to your personal information. In any event, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to such overseas recipients.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyse our web. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify pages you use. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website by tailoring it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor behaviour on our website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
7. Email Offers from Shop A Docket
Shop A Docket provides a service that delivers great offers direct to your inbox. Any promotional offers and direct marketing messages from us will be sent via the email address you have provided.
When you opt-out of our email services, your subscription with Shop A Docket will be cancelled and you will no longer receive marketing communications from Shop A Docket.
You may choose to delete your personal information by:
- If you are a registered member, pressing ‘Delete Profile’ in the "My Profile" section of our website;
Contacting us by email at email@example.com
The above steps will ensure your personal information is de-identified or permanently deleted from our records, where we no longer need it for the purposes of adhering to the APP.
Any necessary remaining information from opted-out and deleted records will continue to be secure as outlined in section 5.
Shop A Docket is not responsible for any contact or communication that you may receive from third party providers who have received your personal information from Shop A Docket during your registration.
8. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest and third party providers of products. Once you use a link to leave our site, we have no control over that other website. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
9. Access to and updating your personal information
You may request the details of any personal information we hold about you. We may charge you a small fee for providing you the information.
If you believe that any personal information we have is incorrect or incomplete, and you are unable to correct your account details via our website, please contact us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct it. On your request, and as far as it is practicable, we will provide your updated details to third party providers that we have previously disclosed your personal information to with your consent.
10. Notification of Data Breach
If we experience a data breach, for example, unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, your personal information, or where your personal information is lost in circumstances that could give rise to unauthorised loss or disclosure, we will advise you as soon as reasonably practical of the breach, and work with you to resolve it or mitigate the circumstances of the breach, such as changing your password or log-in details.
11. How to contact us
Privacy Officer: Rhonda Willis
Lvl 1, Building 23, Garden City Office Park, 2404 Logan Rd, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113